Our advanced training plans are built with one thing in mind - helping athletes achieve their peak performance in sport and qualify for World Championship events. An athlete attempting this plan should already have 2 or more years in the sport and have completed one of our Foundation Training Plans, or be able to train a consistent 12-14 hours a week without getting injured or overtrained.
- Designed for the accomplished athlete who has been racing for 2+ years and wants to qualify for World Championship events
- Increased emphasis on swimming so that the advanced age-grouper can come out of the water in the front or 2nd pack.
- Athlete starting this plan will be riding 3-4 hours and running 90+ minutes every weekend from the beginning.
- Consistent strength training throughout the plan duration.
- Must have a high ability to recovery from training.
The Ideal Athlete for this Plan Will:
- Have been racing for multiple years and completed multiple half Iron races and at least 1 full
- Already be finishing top 20 in age group and want to improve on that ranking
- Have a work and family schedule that allows them to train 15-20 hours per week
- GPS smart watch
- HR monitor
- Swim paddles, pull buoy, & fins
- Access to Gym or basic strength & mobility equipment (stretch cords, free weights)
- *A Bike powermeter is recommended but not required
Included Coach Support
- Unlimited athlete-initiated email support.
- Detailed workout instructions set to your specific training zones.
- Workout exports to Garmin, Zwift, or other platforms.
- Mobility routines
- Educational articles and mental training
- Nutritional guidelines
Full Iron Distance - Advanced
- 12-20 hours of training per week
- 4 swims, 3 bikes, 5 runs, & 2 strength training routines per week
- No Off days except for every 4th week
- Longest Swim: 4500 yards
- Longest Bike: 6:30 Hours
- Longest Run: 2:45 Hours