Updated: Dec 10, 2021
When you are first setting up your training zones, we recommend setting your training zones on a desktop or laptop computer because this allows you to select which method to set your zones with. If you set your zones from the app, it automatically calculates the zones using Joe Friel's method and we prefer to use a different method.
Please refer to our article about how to set your training zones on a desktop or laptop.
Sometimes, you want to make a quick tweak to your zones or maybe you're on the go. That's fine and you can make this adjustment quite easily on a mobile device.
So without further ado, here is how to set your Training Zones correctly from your phone!
**Note: These instructions and pictures are for using the ios app. If you are using an android device then your screen may look slightly different.
1. Download the TrainingPeaks app from the App Store
2. Open up the TrainingPeaks app, login, and click the "More" button in the bottom-right corner of the app.
3. Select "Settings"
4. Click "Zones"
5. You'll now see a variety of different Training Zones you can set. We'll start with the default Heart Rate zone for now so select "Heart Rate."
TIP: Make sure to set up your other Training Zones as well!
6. Click "Edit"
7. Type in your new threshold heart rate from your 20-min FTP test, running field test, or 1000 yard swim time trial. Select "Calculate New Zones"
8. Double check that your new zones are correct and then hit "Save"
9. You're all set!
10. Now go back to Step 4 and update Training Zones for your Power and Pace. Again, we prefer that you do this on a desktop or laptop computer but if you must do it mobile then you can.
If you have any questions during this process or while training, reach out to us at email@example.com and one of our coaches will be happy to assist you.